Свий
X

• Филтър
  • Час
  • Покажи
Изчисти всичко
нови мнения

• off roading around Varna

We have recently bought a new house in the Balchik area north of Varna and would like to go off roading when over there. Are there any local clubs or people that would be interested in showing me the ropes?

I shall be buying a 4x4 over in Bulgaria for general use so I dont want anything too extreme even though I am used to it in the UK - need to feel my way first!

Maybe there are other newcomers to Bulgaria, like me that would be interested in giving it a go?

До: off roading around Varna

Hi mate,

Yes, there are 4x4 lovers around you - in Baltchik there is at least one that is member of this forum, in Dobrich there are at least 2 chaps one is driving Dihatsu Rocky and there is very capable 4x4 there but I forgot the brand.

In Varna quite a few geezers are going out in the mud, very very nice vehicles there.

So just to help you a bit more I will post some nick names of the guys from your area:

My self - I got a small house in Topola just by the Black sea rama(golf course) and I am a proud owner of Feroza F300 but I currenlty reside in Sofia
    TRAPERA - Varna
    churov - Varna
    Kaskadiora - Varna
    targa - Varna
    Plamen_Varna

I suggest you add me or some of them guys above in ICQ so we can be of more help when needed

For buying a 4x4 I dunno but IMHO in Balchik or the area you wont get much of a choice to buy...

Why don't you specify what you are looking for as a brand or a budget or specs you wish to have so we can give you some offers, in this forum there are lots of 4x4 for sale, new offers are posted on the regular basis so it is worth checking it.

If you are still strugleing with cyrilic for a very small amount of beer we might translate on demand ))

By the way, there is one pal from UK who posted here some time ago but he didn't repeat yet...
    I think in the area(Sokolovo, Topola, Balchik, Kavarna where you reside there are hundreds of Brits so it is a matter of time for you to meet a 4x4 buddy

Best of luck!
    Бъдете живи и здрави!

Коментар

Re: off roading around Varna

Thanks for the reply. I am really happy about the response that new comers get to this site - much like the welcome we got in Bulgaria.

In the Uk I am a Land Rover nut! having had a Range rover which I bob tailed, then a Defender 90 and now A discovery which is quite heavily modified. I bought a Suzuki Vitara about 18 months ago with the intention of off roading but my wife fell in love with it and would let me play with it!

I have been reading up on all sorts of 4x4 and fancy something different, what better than a Lada Niva? Should be a few of them around. I hope to meet people in the Varna, Balchik or Dobrich areas who are willing to help me out - maybe someone needs a helping hand with their Landy??

Anyone interested in seeing a bit of 4x4 driving in Wales go to www.youtube.com and search for cmac91000 - enjoy

Коментар

Първоначално публикуван от BatGeorgeone Преглед на мнение
        TRAPERA - Varna
        churov - Varna
        Kaskadiora - Varna
        targa - Varna
        Plamen_Varna
        Allso
        banjo - Varna
        CJ_ -Varna
        and many, many more outside of this OFFROAD_FORUM
        Suzuki SJ 410 Samurai, 0888 199 658 - МСС - Варна и близката околия.
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2562837

Коментар

Sure there are many more, just from the top of my thong I came up with htis short quick list

However mate, you feel free to ask aboyt antthing that bothers you, even Off Topic

Kind regards,

P.S. Not bad idea - if you can share your real name with us
          Бъдете живи и здрави!

Коментар

Hi, Thanks to people who are taking an interest in helping me .

My real Name is Clive and the house we have bought is in Tsarichino which is about 5 km outside of Balchik. In the UK, I live on the border of England and Wales so most of my off roading is done in the valleys, forests and mountains of Mid Wales.

Can you please explain what ICQ is? I would like to leave more details but unfortunately haven't really begun to learn the Bulgarian language. This is now high on my list of 'must does'. So finding out the details of the site is a bit difficult at the moment - stick with me and I'll get there eventually!

Коментар

До: Re: off roading around Varna

Първоначално публикуван от cmac91000 Преглед на мнение
              Can you please explain what ICQ is?
              Just another messenger like the AIM and MSN messenger you seem to be using. Used to be the most popular around here but now with Skype, I'm not sure ...
              Ние не сме неутрални!

Коментар

Hi
                may be Lada Niva isn't very good choise
                this car is made with the parts of regular Lada
                there are very small number of parts modified for this model
                actualy the suspension is the weakest part of...that
                BMW X6

Коментар

Thanks for the advice. Can you recommend a small to medium sized 4x4 that is common in Bulgaria and easy to get spare parts for?

Thanks

Коментар

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you are looking for a second hand 4x4, then "small" would be a Suzuki - either Samurai or Vitara, or a Daihatsu Feroza (Sportrak in the UK). For a medium sized - SWB Pajero or a TLC70.
                    “When you see the tree you’re about to hit it’s called understeer. When you can only hear and feel it it’s oversteer.”
                    Walter Rohrl
                    GSM: нула, три осмици, две двойки, девет, пет, девет, две.

Коментар

Hello Clive,

Suzuki Samuraj is the best go IMHO from the small 4x4, Feroza/Vitara is good but Samurai just rullllllz

Very cheap, maybe 3-4-5k you can find a decent one, about 1k for nice tires and ready to roll winches for car up to 1200 are about 5-600 lv... bt just to mention if you don't know it yet, money for the 4x4 are never enough there is always something missing something to be done better way something to improve so put aside 5-6 grands and you are in da game

But if you are going to ride with the family u better go for a bigger car, maybe Patrol short base, Toyota 60-70 series, hard to find a good one for under 10 k but still...

And not discriminate UAZ , UAZ 469 also rullz but she needs a loving hands and also she wants lots of attention to keep her in good shape if u get meen

Kind regards,
                      Бъдете живи и здрави!

Коментар

Hi from me, too! Just a clue -why don't you bring a truck from UK? In my opinion the prices of the used ones there are 2-3 times lower than here in BG. The right placed steering wheel is not a big problem if you do not make too long trips.
                        "Законите са много хубаво нещо, ама когато важат само за другите..."
                        Неизвестен мъдрец

Коментар

I had thought about bringing one from the UK - I dont mind the 2 to 3 day drive.
                          My only concern is how to get it registered in Bulgaria - probably not very easy when you dont speak the language and havent yet got to know anyone.
                          Certainly worth considering if the orices over there are that much higher

Коментар

I think that you can drive it in Bulgaria with the UK registration, but I'm not 100% sure. I saw quite a few RHD cars with UK plates around Balchik this summer.
                            “When you see the tree you’re about to hit it’s called understeer. When you can only hear and feel it it’s oversteer.”
                            Walter Rohrl
                            GSM: нула, три осмици, две двойки, девет, пет, девет, две.

Коментар

Sure you can use it here with the UK registration. In the other case you must get permanent residentship, permanent address and get registered in the tax service here. I'm not very informed about this stuff, so you had better ask the UK embassy. The language is not a problem at all. I'm sure if you decide to register it here, somebody from the forum will give you a hand.
                              "Законите са много хубаво нещо, ама когато важат само за другите..."
                              Неизвестен мъдрец

Коментар

Активност за темата

Свий

В момента има 1 потребители онлайн. 0 потребители и 1 гости.

Най-много потребители онлайн 8,787 в 16:37 на 21-06-23.

Зареждам...
                              X