X
X

• Филтър
  • Час
  • Покажи
Изчисти всичко
нови мнения

От: Магадан 2011

Really nice project, Doug. You'll keep the belt drive, or?
    But it looks me that the seat and the footrests are very close to each other - not very comfortable for long-rides... Do you think your body and knees will feel good after few hours of riding (apart the good vibrations)???

P.S. I've already noticed the classic chain final drive - it would be interesting for me how the belt should perform...

Настина чудесен проект, Дъг. Ще запазиш ремъчната предавка, или???
    Но ми изглежда, че седалката и степенките са прекалено близо - не много удобно за продължителни карания... Мислиш ли, че тялото и коленете ти ще се чувстват добре след няколко часа езда (изключая всеизвстните чопърски "good vibrations")???

П.П. Вече видях, че крайното предаване ще е с класическата верига - а щеше да ми е интересно как щеше да се представи ремъчното задвижване...
    Последно редактирано от giorgio; 23-02-11, 11:47.
    SUZUKI V-STROM 1000
    Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD
    TOYOTA PREVIA 2.4 'youngtimer
    о889 525 о74 - Владо

Коментар

Congratulations for the bike. It looks a little bit queer to me but it is more important that you like it
      I already know that you are not really precise in planning and you have only a thrown about plan. I will just note two obvious oversights in your route:
      1. Roads in Turkmenistan are quite different from these shown by you and it will be necessary to make a more precise plan (and for the visa, as I wrote you).
      2. There is no exit point in Afganistan at the place you have pointed and you will have to go back.(Еskashem)
      Anyhow, your project sounds great and I hope you will realize it.

Поздравления за мотора. На мен ми е малко странен, но важното е на теб да ти харесва
      Вече знам, че не си кой знае колко прецизен в планирането на маршрути, но в този случай трябжа да отбележа две очевидни неточности:
      1. Пътната мрежа в Туркменистан изглежда доста по различно от това, което си нарисувал и е необходимо внимателно да обмислиш маршрута си, доколкото в тази държава не може да го променяш ( и във връзка с визата, както съм ти писал)
      2. Няма изходен пункт в Афганистан, там където си посочил и ще трябва да се върнеш до пункта, от който си влязъл (Ишкашим).
      Все едно, твоето пътуване радва много и се надявам, че ще го реализираш.
      ______2
      Е = MZ

Коментар

Hi Doug,
        Here's a little inspiration:

(It should be in orange, they have a lot in common with KTM )

Здрасти Дъг,
        Ето ти малко вдъхновение:

(Трябва да е в оранжево, те имат много общо с KTM)

Последно редактирано от giorgio; 23-02-11, 11:51.
        You'll never find out - I got no key hole....

Коментар

Hey Dimo
          I never got your email?

I got my new rims & tires on the bike, next will be to make an exhaust

Коментар

I sent it to you yesterday. I will do it again. The news is good
            ______2
            Е = MZ

Коментар

got a few things done with the bike. Found a shop to make a custom exhaust, he ordered the special bends needed, & they should be in thurs.

I've been calling around looking for a set of 100th anniversary tank badges (if I pull the ones of the original tank, it will kill the value, & I'm gonna sell that stuff soon)
              So for some reason, I start scrounging around on one of my shelves of 'treasures'
              and lookee what was there, buried under a pile o shit

I really need to sort thru this stuff one day! I also found 3 more smaller 100th emblems I forgot I had!

Today I got the bags mounted, I was dickin around in my friend Pauls garage, as he is a good welder. I chopped up my old happy trails bag rack from when I had a KLR.
              It actually fit pretty good, not alot of fabricating was needed. I still have to make a front mount, but will wait til after the exhaust is finished to see where to attach them to the frame.

Коментар

we made the kickstand longer, but not sure its gonna work ok, as its a bit too heavy. I think I'll redo it with some smaller pipe. damn thing aint gonna break tho!

then we took the crashbar I found at a friends shop last week, & filled it in with expanded metal. I'll paint it black

tomorrow were gonna 'relieve' the gas tank for the forks, and I have the rest of the brake stuff coming in.
                If the exaust gets done by friday, I should be ready to ride it soon!

Doug

Коментар

Hi Doug,
                  The bike looks better and better... but don't you think that stopping power is a bit small for the estimated weight of the bike+stuff loaded. Just one front brake disk - I don"t know... - just my opinion.
                  Regards!
                  Martin

Коментар

the brakes on this are better than any other bike I have travelled on

Коментар

I found out that some idiot in the past had broken off the tranny drain plug in the case. How people accomplish such feats is beyond me. Of course it was broken off flush. I tried to turn it out with a small chisel, but didnt have any luck. then I tried an easy break screw extractor, but there wasnt enough depth to it before I hit a magnet (to collect loose particles) with the drill, so finally I drilled 2 holes on it, pounded the end of a screwdriver in it, & turned it out with some vice grips. What a pain in the ass!

then I installed the tag, & stuck a small trunk on the rack. I want this for my camera/laptop, as I want to use a small tankbag this trip.

I took the bike to a local muffler shop tuesday. He looked at it, saw what he needed to order, & said I'll have it friday. So I called yesterday to make sure, before I brought the bike to him.
                      and of course, he either ordered or they shipped the wrong stuff.
                      So I found another guy, & it turns out, he has a bunch of mandrel bends in stock, so I headed over there.
                      He first wanted me to leave the bike til monday, but I grovelled a little bit, & he agreed to do it right then.
                      Took a couple hours, but its done, & looks good. I told him not to worry about the welds, as Im gonna wrap the pipes.

Коментар

Looks good, Doug!

"Smith & Wesson" - that should make border crossings much easier... along with your "Infidel" T-shirt! I can't wait!

-------

Добре става!
                        "Smith & Wesson" - това ще ти помогне по-лесно да минаваш границите... заедно с фанелката ти "Неверник"! Нямам търпение!

Коментар

I got the pipes wrapped with heat shield tape

Then I had to alter the tank to clear the forks. first, I grabbed a rusty tank to practice on. I heated it up, and tried different things to lay on it while I knocked the shit outta it with a hammer. I tried a round hunk of steel, and old driveshaft, & a baseball bat.

The baseball bat seemed to work the best. I like aluminum baseball bats, as you never have to dig teeth out of them, unlike wooden bats.

So I marked the tank, heated it, & went to work.

after a few test fits & readjustments, it fit fine, & the forks dont hit it anymore.

now its in primer, & I'll paint it tomorrow.

Doug

Коментар

Looks good, looks good!... and is getting better!

Windshield?

Изглежда добре!... и става все по добре!

Челно стъкло?
                            Следващият път, когато умът ви витае, последвайте го! => www.smehurko.info

Коментар

Коментар

Congrats, bro! Lookin' good.. Harley Baja
                                ------

Поздравления! Добре е станал... Harley Baja

Коментар

Активност за темата

Свий

В момента има 1 потребители онлайн. 0 потребители и 1 гости.

Най-много потребители онлайн 8,787 в 16:37 на 21-06-23.

Зареждам...
                                X