X

• Филтър
  • Час
  • Покажи
Изчисти всичко
нови мнения

• Ladoga 2006 with Chris Thomas

HI
    my name is Chris. I have recently moved with my partner to Bulgaria from the south-west of England and we have formed Wildrovers, a company dedicated to off-roading. From talking to people at the Belogradchik off-road subor it seems you would like to hear about my experience of the Ladoga Trophy. So here goes! My navigator and I did Ladoga in 2006 in a Suzuki Jimny which I prepared especially for the event. Stage 1 - get your entry in early, they start taking entries around November and as you get closer to the start date the entry fee goes up rapidly. Stage 2 panic!!! as to how you are going to get yourself, your navigator and the vehicle ready for the off. Read the regulations VERY CAREFULLY and build your machine to the MAXIMUM your class allows. I also recommend you get a Panasonic toughbook laptop as well as a motorcycle GPS as they are waterproof. You will be given a road book every day and the organisers will download the route on to your laptop and GPS. Also a CB is compulsory but get the very biggest aerial and a burner (signal booster) as when you are in the forest the signal doesn’t get out very far, and if you are in need of rescuing or need medical assistance this could be a life saver. Stage 3 - sign in, get your vehicle scrutineered and give your fellow competitors the once over. Then go change your underwear as you now see what the Russians have been up to on those long cold winter nights.
    At the start you get the full podium start with announcer and interviews for Russian television. Once you have been sent on your way don’t hang around to see the others off the podium. You have a set time to get the 100 or more kms to your first special stage. If you miss your time slot you will have to wait until everyone else has gone then you can go, after they have dug big ruts along the whole course which makes things a lot harder. Then when you have done your special stage you must keep going to the night camp which will be another 100ks or so. There you log in giving you a time for the day. As for terrain - there is a beach race which is fun and gives the TV and press a chance to interview everyone and take yet more photos. There is also a night navigation section, this is mayhem with lost and disorientated vehicles going in all directions. When I saw the fastest time I still don’t believe it was possible to go that far in that short a time. I think they have a set time to do the stage and the difference between that and the time you do it in is the time recorded. Other than that it is swamp SWAMP and more S-W-A-M-P vehicles do disappear in this, it seems bottomless. On one stage we were that deep in it that it was coming in the windows. It all ends with a really great beach party then a run in to St Petersburg the next day for the prize giving. Would I do it again? YES it's one of off-roadings truly great events. If anyone wants to talk about Ladoga in more detail reply on this forum or drop me an e-mail, I am always happy to talk about off-roading.
    Уайлдроувърс 4х4 ЕООД /Wildrovers 4X4 Ltd
    Авточасти за вашия Land Rover/Quality parts and offroad experience for your Land Rover
    +359 884 906 944 Ростислав / Rostislav

До: Ladoga 2006 with Chris Thomas

Good, But we need pictures and movies (if You have such).
    P.S. Welcome in Offroad-Bulgaria.com

Коментар

Първоначално публикуван от alex_markov Преглед на мнение
      I'd second that!
      Ние не сме неутрални!

Коментар

Hi, Chris! You must be from Scorpion Racing team, am I right?

Коментар

Re: До: Ladoga 2006 with Chris Thomas

Първоначално публикуван от Lazar Преглед на мнение
          Hi, Chris! You must be from Scorpion Racing team, am I right?
          Hi Lazar. How are you? Nice to find you here. You've got the right Chris, though he is not actually from Scorpion Racing, we are just the Bulgarian agents for them. He also likes me to do his typing for him Hope to meet you properly sometime!
          Авточасти за вашия Land Rover/Quality parts and offroad experience for your Land Rover

Коментар

Hi Chris and welcome to www.offroad-bulgaria.com !
            As Alex suggested, it would be very interesting if you support your threads about Ladoga with some photo or/and even video material!

Also, very interesting for the enthusiasts here, particularly the Land Rover gang, is to tell us some more about your vehicle and the preparation. It looks like an Airborne Lightweight outside but we can only guess what's inside.. Don't forget the pics here as well...

Коментар

Re: До: Ladoga 2006 with Chris Thomas

Първоначално публикуван от alex_markov Преглед на мнение
              Thank you from both of us! I have uploaded all Chris's photos from Ladoga to the ftp site. I can't read any instructions yet about how to see them though... anyone else on this thread know how? If not I will find out as soon as possible, but my Bulgarian is still very limited! Cheers, Nik

Коментар

До: Re: До: Ladoga 2006 with Chris Thomas

Първоначално публикуван от wildrovers Преглед на мнение
                ... I can't read any instructions yet about how to see them though... anyone else on this thread know how? ...
                A quote from the vBulletin help

How do I add an image to a post?
                If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
                To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.
                This thread is in Bulgarian but there are a couple of screenshots illustrating the procedure.
                Ние не сме неутрални!

Коментар

До: Re: До: Ladoga 2006 with Chris Thomas

Първоначално публикуван от wildrovers Преглед на мнение
                  Hi Lazar. How are you? Nice to find you here. You've got the right Chris, though he is not actually from Scorpion Racing, we are just the Bulgarian agents for them. He also likes me to do his typing for him Hope to meet you properly sometime!
                  I'm fine thanks! Well met Chris! Actually... I was pretty sure that you will pop-up here some day So, welcome aboard

Коментар

Re: Ladoga 2006 with Chris Thomas

Photos are now available in Wildrovers photo album, I hope you enjoy them

Коментар

Първоначално публикуван от Злой Преглед на мнение
                      Този материал се публикува от името на Chris Thomas, регистриран във форума като wildrovers, и с използване на материали предоставени от него.

Здравейте,
                      моето име е Крис. Наскоро се преместихме с моята партньорка от югозападна Англия в България и създадохме Уайлдровърс, компания отдадена изцяло на офроуда.Разговаряйки с хората на офроуд събора в Белоградчик, останах с впечетление, че се интерисувате и бихте желали да чуете за моя опит в Ладога Трофи. Та, ето го!

Навигатора ми и аз участвахме на Ладога през 2006 г. със Сузуки Джимни, което аз подготвих специално за това събитие.

Етап 1 - вземете своя пропуск рано, започват да ги раздават около ноември и колкото се доближавате до датата на старта, таксата за вход нараства бързо.

Етап 2 - паника!!! - като как да се подготвиш ти, твоя навигатор и машината за "off". Прочети правилата МНОГО ВНИМАТЕЛНО и изгради своята машина на МАКСИМУМА, който позволява твоя клас. Също препоръчвам да се снабдите с Panasonic toughbook лаптоп, както и с GPS за мотоциклети, тъй като те са водоустойчиви.Ще ви дават пътна книга всеки ден и организаторите ще копират пътя на твоя лаптоп и GPS. Също така и CB радио е задължително, но вземи с най-големия възможен обхват (съссилен сигнал),тъй като когато си в гората, сигнала е по-лош, и ако имаш нужда от помощ, ако си закъсал, това може да е животоспасяващо.

Етап 3 - регистрация,мини техническата проверка и огледай останалите участници набързо. После иди си смени "бельото" като видиш вече с какво са се занимавали руснаците през дългите зимни студени нощи. J
                      На старта си като на голям подиум - водещият те обявява, интервюта от руските телевизии. Веднъж когато те пуснат, не се мотай да гледаш другите след теб на подиума. Имаш дадено време да изминеш 100 и повече км. до твоя специален първи етап. Ако пропуснеш твоето време за тръгване, ще трябва да изчакаш докато всички останали тръгнат, след това те са изорали дълбоките дири по трасето, което прави нещата доста по-трудни за теб. След като си достигнал специалния първи етап, трябва да продължаваш към лагер за нощувка, което означава още около 100 км. Там можеш да си подариш малко лично време. Като терен – има плажно рали, което е много забавно и дава възможност на медиите да направят още интервюта и снимки от всеки участник. Има също и секция за нощна навигация, това е хаос от неориентирани превозни средства отиващи в различни посоки. J Когато видях най-бързото време, все още неможех да повярвам, че е възможно да бъде постигнато за такава голяма дистанция. Мисля, че имат зададено време, за което да завършиш етапа и разликата между това време и времето за което ти го изминаваш е времето което записват. Всичко останало е блата, БЛАТА и още Б-Л-А-Т-А, в които машините изчезват, които изглеждат бездънни. В един от етапите бяхме нагазили толкова надълбоко, че влизаше през прозорците.
                      Всичкото това завършва със страхотно парти на плажа, след това посещение на Сейнт Петерсбург за награждаване.

Ще го направя ли отново? ДА! Това е едно от истинските, най-страхотните офроуд събития.

Ако някой се интерисува по-подробно за Ладога, моля пишете във този форум или на моята електронна поща, винаги се радвам да говоря за офроуд.
                      Ето и малко снимки:

Всички снимки предоставени от Крис можете да видите тук

Също поканих Крис да дойде на това събитие, и да покаже неща коите смята да предлага на българския пазар, за което от организатора г-н Тодор Христов ще му бъдат предоставени необходимите площи.

PS. Снимки качени в "тялото" на поста избрани от мен, и ако не са дотам удачни моля Крис да ме извини

PPS. Крис си търси преводач с добър англииски включваш владение на техническа терминология, в района около В.Търново. Телефона за връзка с него е 0884906944
                      Photos: https://htftp.offroad-bulgaria.com/Zloi/ladoga08/
                      Ни шакл, ни, тем более веревоньки, рваться не должны!!! Все должно быть настолько прочно чтобы отрывало мосты!
                      Ει ςεγα ςι εδα μαματα ςαβςεμ

Коментар

Hello Chris,
                        We start to reorganize Bulgarian Lend Rover club and I, as a chairman, want to invite you to join us. Please, send to me by email ( z.zlatev@yahoo.com )your full name, phone and email for contact( only if they are different than these on your company visit card). For next year we plan some really interest things and I want you also to be part of this.
                        Последно редактирано от zzlatev; 08-10-08, 13:51.
                        LZ1LRE, Range Rover 300Tdi
                        www.ADV-Bulgaria.com

Коментар

Активност за темата

Свий

В момента има 1 потребители онлайн. 0 потребители и 1 гости.

Най-много потребители онлайн 8,787 в 16:37 на 21-06-23.

Зареждам...
                        X