Свий
X

• Филтър
  • Час
  • Покажи
Изчисти всичко
нови мнения

• Touareg W12 и V10

Роднина ми пусна муха да си заменя V10 за W12 с известно доплащане. Това събуди интерес у мен колко наистина е по-бърз W12 и за какво иде реч като цяло. Ходих, тествах, писах.

Долното е на английски, правя копи-пейст на това, което писах на туарег форума.

Alright, I test drove the W12 today, those are my direct impressions:
    * Nicer seats
    * Generally somewhat nicer interior, though not by much
    * 20" wheels standard

now the important part, the engine :

* Acceleration is NOT better than a chipped V10. I cannot tell anymore vs the standard V10, but it's definetely slower than mine. The V10 starts with an incredible kick, where the W12 is linear in it's acceleration. Plus for the W12 are it's long gears. Takes ages before it changes from 2nd to 3d.

I think 0-100 the V10 wins by very little in the end

I also think 0-200 the W12 wins by plenty.

As far as driving experience - in town I'd say hands down for the V10. I need extremely often to stop & accelerate and I want that to happen fast. The V10 does that perfectly. The W12 is in comparison very slow in those fast shift operations because it reaches it's power up in the 6000 RPM. Which of course you pretty much NEVER reach on an automatic gear and from a full-stop in town. So in town it's basically like driving a small engine. When you have a good long straight - it can show it's power.

Sound of the engine - to my amazement - nothing really spectacular. Knowing how a V8 Corvette sounds, I was expecting something monstrous out of the 12 cylinders. But no, it's very shy, I even think the V10 sounds more bada$$ with the stereo turbo sound.

The W12 also has a stiffer ride on the comfort setting. I don't know if this is solely due to the fact it has 20" wheels and the V10 sits on 18" standard, but the ride is definetely stiffer and a lot less comfortable on that "comfort" mode. I didn't dare to try the Sport mode given i was testing on a paved road.

All in all - I'm quite convinced I will not trade my chipped V10 for a W12, even if the deal is as good as I have been proposed.

The only way I would drive a W12 would be if I get somebody to bi-turbo it to 600-700 hp, then I'm sure it will absolutely kill. Now the engine behaves like a wrestler breathing through a straw. Any petrol engine with that much power should be manual gear, automatic is just not the option if you get your power at 6000rpm. Unlike the diesel engines.
    VW Touareg V10, 5000cc

Активност за темата

Свий

В момента има 1 потребители онлайн. 0 потребители и 1 гости.

Най-много потребители онлайн 8,787 в 16:37 на 21-06-23.

Зареждам...
X